Sporting Delaware Cup Competition Camp
*Women’s World Cup 2023 Edition*
Johan Cruyff once said “Choose the best player for every position, and you’ll end up not with a strong XI, but with 11 strong 1’s.” With this in mind, Sporting Delaware is offering our Cup Competition Camp, Women’s World Cup edition, this summer. Not only will we focus on your player’s development on an individual level, but work with them to understand the importance of teamwork and competition. Our Cup Competition Camp breaks players into teams on the first day to compete in various soccer-related games throughout the week to earn points to lift the Sporting Delaware Cup at the end of the week.
Each day brings a new technical skill that will be the focus and challenges to help build points for your team. Camp is structured in a way to ensure each player can contribute to their team individually, but also take their skills to collaborate with their teammates to the summit of raising the Cup!
Sign up individually or with your friends and become the Champions at the end of the week! Camp structure and sessions have been develop and led by Sporting Delaware Coaches, who will create a memorable camp experience to get your player itching to lift the hardware at the end of the week.
Dates: July 17 – July 20, 2023
Ages: 2016-2010 Boys & Girls
Group 1 – Birth Years: 2009, 2010, 2011.
Group 2 – Birth Years: 2012, 2013
Group 3 – Birth Years: 2014, 2015, 2016
Location: Kirkwood Sports (formerly Kirkwood Soccer Club)
1220 River Road, New Castle, DE 19720
Time: 9:00AM – 3:00PM
Price: $300 / player / week
Sessions Led by:
Sessions led by the Staff of Sporting Delaware
Sporting Delaware Professional Staff Coach Directory
Camp Day Structure:
- 8:45-8.55am: Player arrival
- 9-9.10am: Welcome address
- 9.10-9.30am: Warm-up & ball mastery
- 9.30- 10.30am: Session on technical focus
- 10.30- 10.45am: BREAK
- 10.45- 11.45pm: Session on individual point scoring activity
- 12.00-1.00pm: LUNCH
- 1.00- 1.30pm: Session on technical 1v1s and overloads activity
- 1.30- 2.15pm: Session on team point scoring activity
- 2.15- 2.45pm: Small Sided Games with team
- 2.45-3.00pm: End of Day Debrief
What to Bring and Wear:
- Soccer ball
- Plenty of water so players can stay hydrated.
- A light and healthy snack for break time.
- A Packed Lunch (players are not permitted to share foods)
- Sunscreen (must be applied by either the player or parent/guardian)
- Every player MUST be always wearing shin guards.
- Every player must be wearing appropriate soccer/athletic attire and footwear.