We are pushing the launch of the Sporting Delaware Summer Select Program to the Summer of 2023 (next Summer)!
The Sporting Delaware, Sporting Select – Summer Edition, is a supplementary 5-week summer program that’s main focus is to provide travel players a training experience during the offseason in the Summer. During these 5 weeks, your player’s technical and tactical foundation will be challenged while getting prepared for the Fall season. Sessions will be divided into individual technical training, decision making situations, and small sided games to provide a holistic approach to player development. This will be led by Sporting Delaware Coaches who will create an environment to educate the players in technical and tactical concepts while enjoying the summer weather.
- Open to All Boys and Girls Travel Soccer Players (Both Sporting Delaware and Non-Sporting Delaware players)
- Birth Year : 2014 to 2010
- 2011 – 11v11
- 2012/2013 – 9v9
- 2014/2015 – 7v7
- 10 Training Sessions (5 weeks)
- Two training sessions a week.
- Tuesday Nights
- Wednesday Nights
- Sessions at Chase Fieldhouse, Chase Fields, and Kirkwood Soccer Club
- Tentative Tournaments Overview
- Morris Elite Cup – Late-June
- Beach Blast – Mid-July
- Current Sporting Delaware players may wear their current Sporting Delaware shorts and game socks. Players, including non-Sporting Delaware travel team players, may wear generic black shorts and black socks.
- Players will receive a white top and a black top.
- SIGN UP INFORMATION
- All interested players must register in advance
- Tryouts Date: February 4, 2023 between 8AM-1PM (full tryout schedule will be released in Nov/Dec 2022)
- Only travel team players born between 2015 and 2011 may sign up.
- Will e-mail all players and parents with more details after the player registers.
- Travel team players from outside of Sporting Delaware are welcome to sign up. Players MUST have a current travel team player pass to participate in the tournaments.