Skill Builder – Program Spring Session (March 28 – April 25, 2023) registration is open.
If you are interested in more information please email Coach James Le at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Sporting Delaware Skill Builder Program is a 5-week program for 2015, 2016, and 2017 birth year players. The program’s main focus is to provide players a strong foundation to progress into travel soccer.
The program will focus on individual growth and establish a love for the game in a fun and educational environment. Sessions will be divided into technical training, physical literacy, and game-based play to provide a holistic approach to player development.
The program will be led by Sporting Delaware Coaches to create an environment educating players in the technical and tactical concepts that can prepare them to become future travel players.
- Birth Year : 2015, 2016, 2017
- 5:15 – 6:15 PM
- 5 Training Sessions
- Sessions at Chase FieldHouse on the Indoor Turf Field
- Open to Boys and Girls – Limited to 20 players
- $125 for 5 sessions
- Sessions led by the Staff of Sporting Delaware
- 5:15 – 5:25 – Small Sided Games – arrival activity to allow players the opportunity to experience the game while developing their understanding of the game
- 5:25 – 5:35 – Physical Literacy – activities to develop confidence in basic motor skills and build a strong soccer foundation while promoting an active lifestyle
- 5:35 – 5:55 – Technical Development – exercises to improve fundamental soccer skills to build confidence in dribbling, ball control, and shooting
- 5:55 – 6:15 PM – Small Sided Games – closing activity to apply themes from the session in a formal game setting
What to Bring and Wear:
- Plenty of water
- Shin guards (mandatory)
- Indoor running shoes (Cleats or indoor soccer shoes recommended)
- Wear black shirt (Sporting Delaware Skill Builder Shirt to be distributed at first or second session)
- *You do not need to bring a soccer ball.