Sporting Delaware Soccer Club is hosting our Middletown, DE recreational training series March and April in Middletown, Delaware. Players will experience the training environment provided by Sporting Delaware’s elite coaching staff.
This program is open to all players regardless of club affiliation.
Join the top pathways in Delaware and compete in the Best Leagues!
Boys – Elite Clubs National League (ECNL) begins next in the fall for the 2010 Boys at U-13!
Girls – Girls Academy League (GA) begins next in the fall for the 2010 Girls at U-13!
Birth Year: 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012
Appoquinimink High School (1080 Bunker Hill Road, Middletown, DE)
Chase Fieldhouse (401 Garasches Lane, Wilmington, DE 19801)
Open to Boys and Girls
Open to all players regardless of club affiliation
You must register for this session in advance in order to participate.
Walk-ups are allowed, however, you must complete the registration and waiver before participating.
Sessions led by the Staff of Sporting Delaware – Sporting Delaware Professional Staff Coach Directory
- 0:00 – 0:10 – Activation Activities – arrival activities that prepare the players’ bodies for training by using activities that increase blood flow and body temperature
- 0:10 – 0:25 – Technical Development – activities that focus on the quality and technique of individual skills needed in a match and challenge a player’s decision making abilities
- 0:25 – 0:40 – Small Number Activities – activities that create small ratios of players in order to increase the number of touches and repetitions a player will accumulate during the exercise. 1v1, 2v2/2v1 exercises with mini goals and counter attacking goals to make activities and player behaviors as close to match related
- 0:40 – 0:50 – Expanded Activities – activities that build upon the previous activities by adding more numbers, space, direction and complexity to the exercise. Again, mini goals and counter attacking goals to make activities and player behaviors as close to match related
- 0:50 – 1:00 – Game Development – closing activity that looks as closely related to a match. Conditions are introduced in the game to further promote the sessions’ theme and cognitively challenge the players
Spring Training Session Dates:
- March-April 2023
What to Bring and Wear:
- Soccer balls will be available at each session
- Plenty of water
- Shin guards (mandatory)
- Cleats or indoor soccer shoes recommended
- Wear black shirt